- About CCGP
- About Board Certification
- CGP Exam
- Recertification Process
ACP and AAFP release new #HTN guidelines for older adults, suggest systolic <150: https://t.co/byqZf8sHlA #geriatrics
RT @susanpolicy: Number Of Patients Experiencing Drug Side Effects Skyrockets https://t.co/jylQdgg2td via @khnews
RT @BPSweb: The Board of Pharmacy Specialties Announces New Specialties in Cardiology and Infectious Diseases. https://t.co/SYYq3xLOg4
You are here
Call for Nominations - Professional Development Committee
CCGP seeks volunteers for appointment to the Professional Development Committee (EDC) each year. Nominations for 2016 are CLOSED. Nominations will be opened again in July 2017.
CCGP has an Examination Development Committee to oversee development of the certification examination, used for initial certification of pharmacists. The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to have similar oversight and responsibility for periodic recertification of the Certified Geriatric Pharmacist.
The Professional Development Committee has 12 members serving three-year terms. At least one member of the PDC is from Canada and one member is from Australia.
Self-nominations are encouraged. Newly elected PDC members serve a three-year term that commences at the CCGP Annual Meeting. Appointees are eligible to serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
- Nominee must be a board certified geriatric pharmacist (CGP) in good standing with CCGP with at least two years of experience as a CGP
- Must be willing to participate in committee conference calls plus provide review of continuing education modules and other work of the committee
- Willing to serve in a voluntary capacity, without remuneration
A colleague may nominate the candidate. Self-nominations are encouraged.
Nominations must be made in writing and must include the resume or curriculum vitae of the nominee along with a letter of intent describing how the candidate meets the eligibility requirements as outlined above. Applicants should also complete a survey (see below) to provide specific background information relevant to the Committee.
To submit a nomination electronically, send an email to email@example.com. Include "CCGP PDC Nomination" in the subject line.
In the body of the email include the following information:
• Nominee name
• Mailing Address, City/State/Zip
• Daytime telephone number
• Email address
• Current Employer
• Current Position
• Practice Setting
• Patient Care Primary Area of Concentration
• Nominator name, Email address, Daytime telephone number
Attachments to the e-mail must include:
1. The nominee's curriculum vitae or resume
2. A letter of intent describing the nominee's area of clinical expertise and professional practice setting
3. Completed Professional Development Committee Survey for the applicant